The Office of Educational Technology posts on its calendar news about technology updates, service interruptions and training seminars.
CEHD Tech Day, January 14, 2015
Educational Technology Workshops
Held in Willard Hall Education Building
Thank you for attending. Look for more workshops in Spring 2015.
Get ready for the spring semester! Attend one or all of the following educational technology workshops on January 14 offered by the Office of Educational Technology and the Education Resource Center.
- Introduction to SMART Notebook,9-10 a.m., 205A WHL – This session provides an overview of SMART Notebook software. Optimally designed for use in combination with a SMART Board, SMART Notebook can be used independently as well. Explore how you can create engaging, interactive, and collaborative presentations with SMART Notebook, and learn about the new features in the latest release, version 14.2. Laptops will be provided for this training or bring your own.
- Intermediate SMART Notebook, 10-11 a.m., 205A WHL – This session on SMART Notebook 14.2 continues where the introductory session leaves off. We will look at best practices, advanced tools, and how to create interactive lessons. Laptops will be provided for this training or you can bring your own.
- Should I Click or Should I Delete: Tips to Keep Your Data Secure, 12-1 p.m., 207 WHL – Sit back, relax, and bring your lunch (desert and drinks provided) with you for this interactive session as we learn how to spot and eliminate security risks to your data, including how to spot a legitimate from a fraudulent email. We’ll also look at how your computer might behave if becomes infected with malicious software. Laptops will be available for you to use.
- Introduction to WordPress, 1-2 p.m., 207 WHL – If you are new to WordPress and web site development, then this workshop is for you! Learn about WordPress elements including posts and pages (and the difference between them), widgets, plugins, and menus. In addition, we will look at how to manage users, incorporate text from a Microsoft Word document, and upload media files such as images and PDFs. Laptops will be provided for this training or you can bring your own.
- Intermediate WordPress, 2-3 p.m., 207 WHL – Designed for the faculty or staff member who already edits a WordPress site, this seminar will address advanced WordPress topics and client-specific questions. We will look at how to add a site calendar, popular plugins, and menu customization among other topics. Bring your questions with you! Laptops will be provided for this training or you can bring your own.
- What’s New in the Education Resource Center? 3-4 p.m., 012 WHL – What is a Swivl? Find out when we explore how you can engage your students and personalize learning using the latest technology resources in the Education Resource Center. The ERC has technology and other resources for loan to faculty, staff, and students. We will look at some of the technology available to you and why you would want to use it, including the Elmo, Flip Camera, SMART Slates, digital recorders, iPad cart, laptops, and assistive technology. Refreshments provided at this workshop.