Unpack your iPad
Locate the sync cable and plug it into the dock connector on the bottom of the iPad and plug the usb end of the cable into your computer
iTunes should launch and the set-up process begins
- Register your ipad
- Agree to legal terms
- Sign into iTunes account (if you do not have one choose your country and create one)
- Set up find my iPad (free service to help locate lost or stolen iPad via GPS)
- Setup New or From Backup – At this point, you can choose to set up your iPad as a completely new device or, if you’ve had an iPhone or iPod touch, you can use a backup of that device’s settings on the iPad. If you choose to restore from backup, you can always change settings later.
- Name iPad and choose basic settings
- Sync Content to the iPad – At this stage, you can decide what music, movies, apps, and other content you want to sync from your computer to the iPad.
- Set-up is complete – eject the iPad from the tray in the left-hand side of iTundes either by clicking the eject button or right clicking the iPad icon and selecting eject.
Directions for Installing VPN and 2X on iPad
On your iPad’s home screen,
Go to Settings
VPN – slide lock to on position
Click on IP Sec tab
Description: UD VPN
Account: your Udel Net ID
Password: your University of DE Password
Use Certificate: leave on off
Group name: udeluser
Leave Proxy turned off
Save (up at top of page)
You will also need to install 2X, remote desktop protocol software, to access. In order to download this free software you will need to have an account on the iTunes Apps store and iTunes installed.
– click I tunes App Store
– click view in iTunes
– click Free App
Enter your Apple ID and Password
Once you have 2x client RDP installed you need to set it up.
Port: leave alone
Username: your oet name
Password: your oet password
**You will need to request permission from oet to access your files remotely**
Connect to VPN
Connect to UDel Secure or if off campus your Internet Provider
Click on your remote connection
Go to start – my computer – and you will see your drives.